- Residents are reminded that overnight parking (2am-6am) on Village streets is prohibited from Nov 1st – May 1st. Parking on the Village right-of-way (area between sidewalk and street) is also prohibited. A $30 fine may result for either violation.
- UTV (Utility Terrain Vehicle) or Side -by-Sides: UTV’s are prohibited by the New York State Vehicle and Traffic Law from being operated on public roads because they cannot be registered as a motor vehicle in NYS. UTV’s with out-of-state registration cannot be operated on public roads either because of the NYS law. The display of a slow moving vehicle emblem does not qualify a UTV as a slow moving vehicle for operation on public roads. People operating UTV’s on Village streets may be charged with operating an unregistered motor vehicle.
- How to properly read a parking sign:
- If the arrow on the sign is pointing to the left it means restricted parking from that sign forward to either the next sign or intersection.
- If the arrow on the sign is pointing to the right it means restricted parking from that sign backward to either the next sign or intersection.
- If the arrow on the sign is pointing in both directions it means restricted parking from that sign forward and backward to either the next sign or intersection.
- Village residents should be aware that door to door sales and services are prohibited in the Village without a permit. Any resident who experiences a home solicitation should ask to see their permit or call the police at 593-5600.
- The IRS does not typically communicate with citizens via the phone or email. Residents should not send any form of payment to an individual claiming to be the IRS before verifying the legitimacy of the call by contacting the IRS at 1-800-366-4484.